Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
8 TBSP coconut oil
1 cup sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp salt
2 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line about 50 ( if that’s too many cut the recipe in half) muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil and sugar until well mixed. Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- Mix in the baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add flour a little bit at a time until everything is well mixed.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups, this doesn’t rise much so you can almost fill them.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
These muffins are dense and not crumbly for a baby to handle. Serve warmed up with a little butter on them. Keeps well in the freezer so you can take out one or two as needed.